The Clarion County Planning Department is in charge of administering the Community Development Block Program. The CDBG Program is Federal money given to the Commonwealth which can be used for a variety of projects; including but not limited to infrastructure projects for storm sewers, sewage lines, and water lines. The County makes these funds available to authorities/agencies and non-entitlement municipalities. Each project must meet the eligibility and fundability requirements of the Program.
NOTICE of FAIR HOUSING OFFICER and COMPLAINT PROCESS for THE COUNTY OF CLARION, and ON BEHALF OF CLARION BOROUGH and CLARION TOWNSHIP
This notice will serve to advise all residents of the County of Clarion, and On Behalf Of Clarion Borough and Clarion Township, that the following actions, if based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, familial status (families with children), or handicap (disability) is prohibited by Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Federal Fair Housing Act) and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act adds the additional protected classes of age, ancestry and use of guide or support animals because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals are considered discriminatory:
- Refusing to sell or rent to, deal or negotiate with any person.
- Discriminating on terms or conditions for buying or renting housing.
- Discriminating by advertising that housing is available only to persons of a certain race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, handicap (disability), age, ancestry or with no animals.
- Denying that housing is available for inspection, sale or rent when it really is available.
- Blockbusting-for profit, persuading owners to sell or rent housing by telling them that minority groups are moving into the neighborhood.
- Denying or making different terms or conditions for home loans by financial institutions.
- Denying to anyone the use or participation in any real estate services, multiple listing services or other facilities related to the selling and renting of housing.
If you’re a person with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation, please contact the below Fair Housing Officer.
If you have Limited English Proficiency and require a document translation, please contact the below Fair Housing Officer.
All residents are hereby notified, that Kristi Amato is designated as Fair Housing Officer for the County of Clarion, and On Behalf Of Clarion Borough and Clarion Township, and that any resident that believes they have been discriminated against under any of the above conditions may file a complaint with the Fair Housing Officer at the following address:
Clarion County Department of Planning & Development
421 Main Street, Suite 22, Clarion, PA 16214
814-226-4000, ext. 2800
A Fair Housing complaint can also be filed with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Toll Free Phone 800-669-9777 or 800-877-8339
To download Fair Housing outreach materials including posters, flyers, brochures, booklets and handouts: