COUNTY OF CLARION
OFFICE OF ASSESSMENT
DEEDS ANALYST ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
FLSA: FULL- TIME: Non-exempt (37.5 Hours per week)
Summary: This position is located within the Assessment Department of Clarion County located in the Clarion County Courthouse, 421 Main Street, Clarion, PA 16214.
Hours: This position is a full-time non-exempt non-bargaining position. Normal work week is Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm with a ½ hour unpaid lunch.
Salary Range: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour
This position provides a variety of high-level administrative services in the Assessment Office. Experience with processing transactions related to properties (sales, transfers, deed/mortgages, appraisals, etc.), and reading property descriptions. The work requires one to have a high attention to detail, strong grammatical skills, and excellent customer service skills.
Applicants can apply online at the County website:
814-226-4000 Ext 2812
Requirements: Any assessor employed after March 16, 1992, shall obtain certification within a period of three years from the effective date of employment as an assessor. The requirements defined in the Assessors Certification Act (1992, April 16, P.L. 155, No. 28, § 5) are as follows:
· The applicant shall have a high school diploma, or its equivalent, or two years of assessing experience.
· Prior experience in the handling of deeds is preferred
· The applicant shall be at least 18 years of age.
· Must successfully pass all required background checks
· Examine deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgments, easements, and encumbrances to verify legal descriptions of property.
· Forward instruments to the Planning/GIS department when parcels are combined, split, or re-surveyed.
· Collect and record data related to real estate transfers and instruments in a consistent and timely manner. Enter designated information into CAMA (Computer-Assisted Mass Appraisal) software.
· Review instruments for the type of interest transferred, the rights conveyed, and other conditions that could affect the arm’s-length nature of the sale.
· Verify sales in a timely, uniform, and transparent manner with guidance for when a sale should be considered valid and what methodologies are acceptable for the validation process.
· Review the Homestead/Farmstead status for each parcel related to a transfer document and assist with entry, processing, and reporting related to the existing database and new applications.
· Communicate with taxpayers and assist the public to answer assessment related questions and explain factors used in determining valuation.
· Assist in the evaluation of real estate and preliminary review of documentation to establish base-year values.
· Review assessment records to verify the inventory is current and that the appropriate improvements are assessed.
· Support clerical staff and fill-in for field assessors as needed.
Deadline to apply is November 6, 2020.