County Caseworker 3 (Local Government)
Clarion County Children & Youth
$29,972.90 - $32,277.42 Annually
Clarion County, PA
Civil Service Permanent Full-Time
UMWA - United Mine Workers of America
40 Hours / Week. Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5:30 PM (1 hour unpaid lunch)
214 South 7th Avenue, Clarion 16214
(814) 226-4000 Ext. 2812
This position will serve as the Foster Care Coordinator and perform advanced caseworker functions pertaining to the administration of foster care services.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
· Full-time employment
· Work Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM; Monday - Friday; 1 hour lunch period
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position is to provide an array of complex services required by the state and agency to ensure that Clarion County has sufficient homes to meet the needs of the children requiring placement in foster care homes, that the homes approved to provide foster family services meet statutes and regulations - Federal - State and County, and that the families providing those services have the necessary training and support to meet the needs of the children placed in their home.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
· Pennsylvania residency currently waived for this title
· Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Two years of experience as a County Caseworker 2; OR A bachelor's degree in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences and three years of professional social casework experience in a public or private social services agency; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences.
· Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application.
· Must be able to perform essential job functions.
· This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law. Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including, but not limited to, PA State Police, Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI clearance.
· You must pass a background investigation.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
· Score valid for this specific posting only
· Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
· Provide complete and accurate information or:
o score may be lower than deserved
o application processing may be delayed
o disqualification may result
· May only test once under this announcement
· Email notice of test results provided