January 14, 2020 - Clarion County Board of Commissioners Meeting Agenda
Notice: The following actions have been discussed and approved by the Board of Commissioners but have not been approved for the meeting's minutes. These actions will be approved for minutes during the next Board of Commissioners Meeting. Please check the County Calendar for the next meeting date.
- Work Session on Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 at 9AM in the conference room
- Commissioner/Salary/Retirement Board meeting on Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 at 10 AM in the conference room
- Press Release: A copy of the Hazard Mitigation Plan end of year report is available for 2019
Public Concerns and Comments: (One person per issue or concern; three-minute limit per person.)
1. Contract renewal on behalf of CYS with Merakey Pennsylvania for foster care services. Term: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020. Cost: $29.29 - $157.04/day, county match 20%.
2. Contract renewal on behalf of CYS with The Bair Foundation of Pennsylvania for foster care services. Term: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020. Cost: $63.20 - $90.95/day, county match 20%.
3. Contract on behalf of GIS with Pictometry International Corp for fly over images. Cost: $218,100.
4. Contract with Chris Gabriel (Carfardi, Ferguson, Wyick, Weiss, Gabriel, llc) for county solicitor. Cost: $100,000. Fee Schedule: Chris Gabriel $190/hour, Stephanie Fera $170/hour, paralegal services $135/hour.
5. Contract on behalf of Domestic Relations with Daniel Ferringer for IV-D Attorney Contract, replacing Jarah Heeter’s contract. Term: 11/7/2019 – 9/30/2020. Cost: $125/hour.
6. Resignation of Alyssa Henry (Sheriff’s Dept) effective 1/3/2020, Mark Graf (Sheriff’s Dept) effective 12/31/2019, Katlin Hockenberry (911) effective 1/10/2020, Marci Schrengost (Corrections) effective 12/30/2019, and Erich Spessard (Public Defender) effective 1/15/2020.
7. Rescind the acceptance of Todd Kline’s resignation from the 12/10/2019 Commissioners Meeting.
8. CYS. Promotion. Joshua Dippold to move from Caseworker 1 to Caseworker 2 due to his time in position and completion of Foundations Training. New Salary: $30,440.68. Effective Date: 1/12/2020.
9. CYS. Voluntary Demotion. Todd Kline to fill the vacant position of County Casework Supervisor for Independent Living. Full time, exempt, 40 hours/week. Effective Date: 1/13/2020. Salary: $41,841.94
10. IT. Re-Hire. Logan George to be rehired into the position of Information Technology Technician based on position being funded again in Clarion County 2020 budget. Part time, non-exempt, 24 hours/week. Expires May 31, 2020. Salary: $10.61/hour. Effective Date: 12/30/2019.
11. District Attorney’s Office. New Hire. District Attorney Welsh is hiring Erich Spessard to fill the vacant position of Assistant District Attorney. Full time, exempt, 40 hours/week. Effective Date: 1/15/2020. Salary: $64,800 base, $5,200 on-call pay.
12. District Attorney’s Office. New Hire. District Attorney Welsh is hiring Hayley Armstrong to fill the vacant position of Office Manager. Full time, exempt, 40 hours/week. Effective Date: 1/27/2020. Salary: $36,000. Effective Date: 1/27/2020.
13. Sheriff’s Office. New Hire. Sheriff Munsee is hiring Mark Aaron to fill the vacant position of Sheriff’s Deputy. Full time, non-exempt, 40 hours/week. Effective Date: 2/3/2020 Salary: $12.01/hour.
14. Elections. Change the voting location for Clarion Borough 3rd voting precinct from the Rhea Lumber Building back to the Marwick Boyd building for the 2020 and all future elections.
15. Tax Claim. Multiple bids on properties on the repository list
a. Bid of $50.00 for property in Paint Township, trailer.
b. Bid of $430.00 for property in Madison Township, minerals only, 48.38 acres.
c. Bid of $60.00 for three properties in Toby Township, minerals only, 212 acres total.
d. Bid of $275.00 for property in Sligo Borough, minerals only, 67 acres.
e. Bid of $275.00 for property in Sligo Borough, minerals only, 97 acres.
f. Bid of $430.00 for property in Redbank Township, minerals only, 61 acres.
g. Bid of $230.00 for property in Sligo Borough, minerals only, 52 acres.
h. Bid of $230.00 for property in Licking Township, minerals only, 177 acres.
i. Bid of $200.00 for property in Toby Township, minerals only, 167 acres.